For the love of honey cake

Posting this entry on this date specifically, for someone who loves honey cake immensely; aka the person who brought the loml into this world 🤣

Let's begin with a rewind! This calls for a short story time on how I found one of my absolute favourite cafes in London, and that is none other than L'eto. I was walking around Soho one day and lucky for me, I stumbled upon L'eto! Honestly, it wasn't just the dessert spread that caught my attention, it was actually the honey cake that reaaally drew me in and made me take note of the place so I wouldn't forget. I remember walking in when I saw one last piece of honey cake through the window, and then being told that someone had already ordered it. What I can't recall is if I went in that first time, or if I had come back another time. Either way, my relationship with L'eto was hands down love at first sight 😍 I mean, just look at it!!

I would always take photos and videos of the dessert spread every time I go and I've never gotten bored of it. It isn't just aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, but for someone who loves to bake, seeing a spread like that honestly gives me pure happiness. And the excitement I feel aaahhhhh 😍😍😍

https://letocaffe.co.uk/product/honey-whole-cake/              

So anyway, I actually haven't had honey cake at all this entire year.. until a couple of days ago. And for something that used to fill me with so much joy, getting this one had me feeling some kind of dread instead haha. That's trauma for you, though. It can easily snatch away what had initially always been an easy source of happiness. But in alignment with where I want my life to be headed, I know that starting is better than simply waiting without any effort. 

Overall, I would say that the honey cake from Belluno was pretty decent and I would get it again. Flavours were good, but it wasn't as 'melt in your mouth' as the one from L'eto. Also, please excuse the poor photo quality, the lighting was bad and my phone's camera is only worsening haha. I swear that happens intentionally every time a newer phone gets released. 


    Belluno VS L'eto

I'm looking forward to trying more honey cakes that Brunei has to offer, and perhaps to remake my own sometime in the near future? Hmmm.. though if I'm being honest I foresee myself buying more rather than making my own lol. Oh my my my when oh when will I get my baking groove back? Maybe in 2021? 😝













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Will Never Dessert You.